Some people think it doesn’t really matter where they buy their insurance. But this misconception could be costing you money, service and protection. Buying insurance isn’t like buying bread or milk. Insurance is an important safety net for a family, a car, a home or a business. Don’t treat the purchase lightly!
There is a difference in where you buy your protection. Many people don’t realize there are three sources for insurance:
• Captive agents – sell you the insurance of only one company.
• Telephone Representatives offer you the insurance of one company, sometimes one product and only on the telephone.
• Independent Insurance Agents represent an average of eight insurance companies and research these firms to find you the best combination of price, coverage, and service.
Independent Insurance agents:
• Are licensed professionals with strong customer and community ties.
• Give you excellent service and competitive prices because we can access the insurance coverage from more than one company.
• Unlike other agents, are not beholden to any one company; thus, you do not need to change agencies as your insurance and service needs change.
• Can assist you when you have a claim.
• Are YOUR consultant, working with you as you determine your needs.
• Offer you a choice of insurance plans and programs.
• Are value hunters who look after your pocketbook in finding the best combination of price, coverage and service.
• Offer one-stop shopping for a full range of products-home, renters, auto, business, life and health.
• Can periodically review your coverage to keep up with your changing insurance needs.
• Treat you like a person, not just another number.
Your satisfaction is your independent agent’s most important concern!